19 Sep 2011 / Monday / 09:45pm
It took over a week, about six trips to Home Depot and Lowe’s, a dozen scratches and several sore muscles, but the cage is finally complete. Well, I need to add some things to hold the litter pan and whatnot, but I’ll do that later. She went in and explored it for a while. To finish it, I had to get IN the cage. I kept cutting myself and getting snagged on the exposed wire points (before I taped them up well). Then I got stuck. Then I was laying there with my feet sticking up out of the cage. I had like a 1.5x1.5-foot hole to get in and out of. It’s basically a large house-style (plastic) cage and I added a floor under it (on the actual floor) and put wire around it, then added a board across to hop down from the top, then a longer one to hop onto, then she can hop on the floor part which is tiled. I need to get rugs and all so she doesn’t slip so much. I took pix but didn’t transfer them, yet. I put her old ramp up to the top and she used that, but I really wanna get her used to going from the top to the bottom and coming out the gate I made. She hasn’t managed to go through her house floor yet, though. She’s not used to doing that. Seems like SO much room is being wasted in the house area, though. I mean the roof is like a house roof, so it’s tall in the centre, but there aren’t any places to put levels or anything. A few random holes for who knows what, but not even aligned right, so I dunno. But it’s done, and I’m glad. Mom said it looked cool. She and dad helped with wood cutting and other things, for me. I learned how to drill holes, lol! Power tools really aren’t my thing. I’m more manual. So yeah, I’m gonna keep an eye on her in there for a while until I’m sure she’s okay. She’s still in her other cage now, though. Now she has three cages, lol! Spoiled.